API World 2020 Hackathon
The API World 20202 Hackathon is the nation's largest API hackathon.
Win prizes & future API World passes.
View all the amazing hackathon challenges & prizes located below.
October 19 -29, 2020
1. Register via Eventbrite.
2. Create a DevPost account and click Register on the DevPost API World 2020 Hackathon page.
3. API World 2020 Hackathon Kicks off! Check out the full API World 2020 Hackathon schedule here
4. Review Hackathon Instruction here!
* All Hackathon Attendees must be pre-registered on Eventbrite & DevPost.
Age - 18 years and older.
Citizenship - Participants from any country are allowed to participate.
Location - Virtual
View Step by Step Instructions here!
$15,500 in prizes
API World 2020 Overall Winner
1st Place Prize:
- (2) Amazon Echos (Up to 5)
- DevNetwork Premium All-Access Passes to all 2020-2021 virtual conferences
- Announcement in our email to 60,000 subscribers listing your team and project Build a web or mobile app solution that solves a real-world challenge (for people or companies) in a new, innovative way. Most important factors are: Innovation, Practicality, and Progress on the application in the allotted time.
HERE Technologies - HERE Last Mile Hackathon
1st Place - $1,000 Amazon gift card
2nd Place - $500 Amazon gift card
Connect with the HERE Team w/ questions here: https://heredev.slack.com/archives/C01C5BV7CDV
From food to parcel deliveries, 2020 has accelerated the shift from brick and mortar stores to digital retail and online shopping. Last mile, the final step of the delivery process, is arguably more important than ever. Bringing orders right up the customer’s doorstep is crucial for many retailers to compete and satisfy demand. Additionally, during the pandemic new problems emerged, such as how to re-route a delivery to comply with local lockdowns and the challenge of keeping drivers and customers safe while still delivering on time. Not to forget that an increase in e-commerce delivery would result in higher emissions and traffic congestion.
HERE invites developers to utilize location data to help businesses and organizations optimize online delivery experiences, including but not limited to eco-friendly logistics, more efficient routes for drivers, curbside pickup solutions, real-time ETAs. Start building solutions with HERE APIs and SDKs from Routing and Transit as well as Geofencing and Traffic to Isoline Routing, and more. The hackathon will provide a platform for developers to ideate, experiment, and collaborate.
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
EVP Platform & Growth @ Kaltura
VP and Deputy CTO, API Management and Integration @ WSO2
Distinguished Architect & Head of Developer Ecosystem @ eBay
VP - API, Integration and Microservices Business Development @ Software AG
How much progress did you make?
Does it solve a real problem?
Could this become a startup or company?